VMK central podcast
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VMK central podcast

This is the VMK central podcast forums

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Haunted Mansion[MERGE w/ haunted mansion is waiting for you]

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LuckyLucas
Regular Listener
Regular Listener
LuckyLucas

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2007-07-31

Haunted Mansion[MERGE w/ haunted mansion is waiting for you] Empty
PostSubject: Haunted Mansion[MERGE w/ haunted mansion is waiting for you]   Haunted Mansion[MERGE w/ haunted mansion is waiting for you] Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 8:02 pm

Got a message from Disney and it says

That old, creepy, uninhabited mansion -- you know, the one where you sometimes hear mysterious sounds and see eerie apparitions? I think something's going on up there. Ever since June, I seem to hear weird noises in the dead of night ... noises suspiciously like hammering and sawing. But none of the 999 permanent residents seem to be leaving the joint. Is it possible that that place is going to get even SPOOKIER?

That's right -- in case you haven't heard the news through the ghoulish grapevine, the Magic Kingdom Park's venerable Haunted Mansion is getting a facelift. New details are being added to reward sharp-eyed spookhunters, and some high-tech magic is being put to use to create old-fashioned thrills. Kathy Rogers, Senior Show Producer for the attraction, told us what to expect if you dare to venture through the doors of this most beloved attraction, which is slated to reopen this month.

"For several months, our team has been "illusioneering," making the invisible, visible," explains Kathy. "For example, a previously unseen... ... wing of the Mansion has been revealed for the first time. Observant Guests will see more of the 999 happy haunts cavorting on a seemingly endless staircase leading to secret realms. Watch closely and you'll see evidence of these residents -- their glowing footprints, candles going out -- is it the wind or did someone blow them out? It's for you to decide. Other haunts reveal themselves in the mansion's infamous Corridor of Doors -- don't blink or you'll miss the clues!"

The Haunted Mansion is one of the Disney Theme Park attractions that have inspired legions of passionate fans. The last thing anyone wanted to do was to change the experience in a way that would disappoint Guests, and Kathy and her team were acutely aware of the necessity to "strengthen the story, and not change it." So in many cases they expanded on the lore that already existed -- as in Kathy's own favorite addition: "In the attic the long, sad tale of Constance on her wedding days finally comes to light. For almost 40 years, our Guests have come face to face with Constance the bride. Now it's time for them to meet her and her grooms face to face -- all five of them! They all loved Constance," she laughs. "In fact, you could say they lost their heads over her."

In addition to adding to the story, the Imagineers are taking advantage of some technological advances since the Mansion first saw the light of day. You won't be overwhelmed with high-tech bells and whistles that disturb the eerie atmosphere, but, Kathy promises, "Imagineers constantly look for new ways to combine compelling stories with new technologies. As we've worked to enhance Haunted Mansion, we've added a few surprises that may make the ghosts seem a little closer than before."

So whether it's your first visit to the Mansion or your hundredth, when Guests are allowed to enter that elegant but eerie house again, keep your eyes peeled. You never know when you'll stumble across the evidence of a haunt you haven't encountered before! And remember -- there's always room for one more.
Back to top Go down
Cmkrebs
Co-Host
Co-Host
Cmkrebs

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Haunted Mansion[MERGE w/ haunted mansion is waiting for you]   Haunted Mansion[MERGE w/ haunted mansion is waiting for you] Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 10:28 am

oh yeah i got this its from the disney insider
Back to top Go down
LuckyLucas
Regular Listener
Regular Listener
LuckyLucas

PostSubject: Re: Haunted Mansion[MERGE w/ haunted mansion is waiting for you]   Haunted Mansion[MERGE w/ haunted mansion is waiting for you] Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 12:01 pm

Yeah me to!!
Back to top Go down
sandwich_boy
Community Leader
Community Leader
sandwich_boy

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: Haunted Mansion[MERGE w/ haunted mansion is waiting for you]   Haunted Mansion[MERGE w/ haunted mansion is waiting for you] Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 6:46 pm

me too.. i can't wait to see the new endless staircase scene.
Back to top Go down
http://www.vmkmedia.co.nr/
Awsometony
Host
Host
Awsometony

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: Haunted Mansion[MERGE w/ haunted mansion is waiting for you]   Haunted Mansion[MERGE w/ haunted mansion is waiting for you] Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 11:16 pm

YAY, ive been waiting all summer!!
Back to top Go down
https://vmkcentral.forumotion.com
Cmkrebs
Co-Host
Co-Host
Cmkrebs

PostSubject: Re: Haunted Mansion[MERGE w/ haunted mansion is waiting for you]   Haunted Mansion[MERGE w/ haunted mansion is waiting for you] Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 4:45 pm

i cant wait to see the whole new wing they added on. now im kinda scared lol
Back to top Go down
sandwich_boy
Community Leader
Community Leader
sandwich_boy

PostSubject: Re: Haunted Mansion[MERGE w/ haunted mansion is waiting for you]   Haunted Mansion[MERGE w/ haunted mansion is waiting for you] Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 9:22 pm

hopefully this is "the rehab" that took place of the space mountain one.
Back to top Go down
LuckyLucas
Regular Listener
Regular Listener
LuckyLucas

PostSubject: Re: Haunted Mansion[MERGE w/ haunted mansion is waiting for you]   Haunted Mansion[MERGE w/ haunted mansion is waiting for you] Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 6:15 pm

Haunted Mansion gave me a bad first impression because!! all of a sudden the ride stopped right in front of the singing heads and it was so annoying!!! and then they let us off the ride and gave us free fast passes for any ride!!!
Back to top Go down
sandwich_boy
Community Leader
Community Leader
sandwich_boy

PostSubject: Re: Haunted Mansion[MERGE w/ haunted mansion is waiting for you]   Haunted Mansion[MERGE w/ haunted mansion is waiting for you] Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 1:13 am

i one time got stuck on big thunder mountain railroad... we had to get off at the top of the second lift, and we had to go underneath the mountain.. it was definitly cool.
Back to top Go down
Cmkrebs
Co-Host
Co-Host
Cmkrebs

PostSubject: Haunted Manison is waiting for you!   Haunted Mansion[MERGE w/ haunted mansion is waiting for you] Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 10:43 pm

Yes indeed our favorite magic kingdom attraction is now open as you know from the disney insider more ghosts have moved into the haunted mansion. thanks to my mom who showed me this i was kind enough to share it with all of you! here at this site you can see pictures from the the refurbishment and a drum roll plz yes there is a movie of the newly updated ride its hard to see in the dark but u can tell where they made the updates
9/19/09- i have found a much better website it is posted under the first link

http://www.wdwmagic.com/hauntedmansion_2007refurb.htm
http://www.distantcreations.com/insidethemagic/
Back to top Go down
sandwich_boy
Community Leader
Community Leader
sandwich_boy

PostSubject: Re: Haunted Mansion[MERGE w/ haunted mansion is waiting for you]   Haunted Mansion[MERGE w/ haunted mansion is waiting for you] Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 11:29 pm

i merged this with luckylucas' post, because they are very similar in subject. Smile

cmkrebs thx for posting those, they are awesome videos! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Awsometony
Host
Host
Awsometony

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: Haunted Mansion[MERGE w/ haunted mansion is waiting for you]   Haunted Mansion[MERGE w/ haunted mansion is waiting for you] Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 11:56 pm

awesome, ill make sure to video tape it when i go to disney in december
Back to top Go down
https://vmkcentral.forumotion.com
Cmkrebs
Co-Host
Co-Host
Cmkrebs

PostSubject: Re: Haunted Mansion[MERGE w/ haunted mansion is waiting for you]   Haunted Mansion[MERGE w/ haunted mansion is waiting for you] Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 10:21 pm

i really want to see the new parts and really want to see the new stair part
Back to top Go down
Schoeva
Regular Listener
Regular Listener
Schoeva

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Haunted Mansion[MERGE w/ haunted mansion is waiting for you]   Haunted Mansion[MERGE w/ haunted mansion is waiting for you] Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 9:01 pm

Awsometony wrote:
awesome, ill make sure to video tape it when i go to disney in december

Are you allowed to film the rides at WDW? At Busch Gardens Europe, they'll kick you out of the park if your camera is even in your hand on a ride there. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Cmkrebs
Co-Host
Co-Host
Cmkrebs

PostSubject: Re: Haunted Mansion[MERGE w/ haunted mansion is waiting for you]   Haunted Mansion[MERGE w/ haunted mansion is waiting for you] Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 10:04 pm

i think you are just no flash pictures i know you can take pictures on everest i video taped the whole ride. i know the only thing you cant video tape is the comedy laugh floor in the magic kingdom because disney doesnt not have a patten for it yet idk thats what i heard from my mom. i did see the laugh floor and they did say no viedoing or taking pics
Back to top Go down
sandwich_boy
Community Leader
Community Leader
sandwich_boy

PostSubject: Re: Haunted Mansion[MERGE w/ haunted mansion is waiting for you]   Haunted Mansion[MERGE w/ haunted mansion is waiting for you] Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 12:05 am

you can't video tape tower of terror... but i did.. Very Happy yup
Back to top Go down
Cmkrebs
Co-Host
Co-Host
Cmkrebs

PostSubject: Re: Haunted Mansion[MERGE w/ haunted mansion is waiting for you]   Haunted Mansion[MERGE w/ haunted mansion is waiting for you] Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 7:12 pm

dude i want to see that even though ive been on it how many times
Back to top Go down
sandwich_boy
Community Leader
Community Leader
sandwich_boy

PostSubject: Re: Haunted Mansion[MERGE w/ haunted mansion is waiting for you]   Haunted Mansion[MERGE w/ haunted mansion is waiting for you] Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2007 2:13 pm

my video? its funny too because like three (whoah, i just typed tree, and then after proofreading in i changed it, heh) bellhops saw me with the video camera, and none of them cared.
Back to top Go down
sandwich_boy
Community Leader
Community Leader
sandwich_boy

PostSubject: Re: Haunted Mansion[MERGE w/ haunted mansion is waiting for you]   Haunted Mansion[MERGE w/ haunted mansion is waiting for you] Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2007 2:20 pm

ok you can view my youtube channel at https://www.youtube.com/totfreak7 and the video is called tot nightshot or something. i also made a virtual tower of terror out of powerpoint, its also on that channel
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Haunted Mansion[MERGE w/ haunted mansion is waiting for you]   Haunted Mansion[MERGE w/ haunted mansion is waiting for you] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Haunted Mansion[MERGE w/ haunted mansion is waiting for you]
Page 1 of 1