VMK central podcast
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VMK central podcast

This is the VMK central podcast forums

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top 10 Coaster List

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Schoeva
Regular Listener
Regular Listener
Schoeva

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2007-07-01

Top 10 Coaster List Empty
PostSubject: Top 10 Coaster List   Top 10 Coaster List Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 11:15 am

Just as the topic title says, list your top 10 favorite coasters here.

Here's my list:
1.Fahrenheit at Hersheypark
2.Storm Runner at Hersheypark
3.Griffon at Busch Gardens Williamsburg
4.Dominator at Kings Dominon
5.Apollo's Chariot at Busch Gardens Williamsburg
6.Great Bear at Hersheypark
7.Alpengeist at Busch Gardens Williamsburg
8.Lightning Racer at Hersheypark
9.The Loch Ness Monster at Busch Gardens Williamsburg
10.Volcano at Kings Dominon
Back to top Go down
sandwich_boy
Community Leader
Community Leader
sandwich_boy

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Coaster List   Top 10 Coaster List Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 7:23 pm

^I'm sure you'll be adding diamondback pretty soon Wink

OK, I'm going to exclude WDW coasters, because all of those are pretty much my favorite. Very Happy

• 10. Whizzer at SFGAm
    9. Viper (which is the Cyclone mirrored) at SFGAm
    8. American Eagle (Blue side) at SFGAm
    7. Iron Wolf at SFGAm
    6. Batman the Ride at SFGAm
    5. Disaster Transport at Cedar Point
    4. Raptor at Cedar Point
    3. Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point
    2. Raging Bull at SFGAm
    1. Millennium Force at Cedar Point

Here's a cool video in case you don't know what top thrill dragster is. The music also goes pretty well with it, and it's amazing how much shots you can get out of a 12 second ride.

Here's my coaster counter btw... http://www.coastercounter.com/totfreak7
Back to top Go down
http://www.vmkmedia.co.nr/
Schoeva
Regular Listener
Regular Listener
Schoeva

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Coaster List   Top 10 Coaster List Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 9:41 pm

Jake,
Diamondback is being constructed at King's ISLAND in Ohio, not Kings Dominion.

And nice top 10 list! I just don't understand how you rank Iron Wolf over Mantis...

Also, Top Thrill Dragster is pretty cool, I really want to ride it, but I think I'd rather ride Kingda Ka at Six Flags Great Adventure in New Jersey. Its taller, faster, and has another hill after the big drop.

Here is a similar music video to that Top Thrill Dragster video, but of Kingda Ka... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so8WmIpzxws

And here is a list of each coaster I've been on... http://www.coasterfanatics.com/sec_members/member_ridelist.asp?id=106073
Back to top Go down
sandwich_boy
Community Leader
Community Leader
sandwich_boy

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Coaster List   Top 10 Coaster List Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 7:15 pm

Schoeva wrote:
Jake,
Diamondback is being constructed at King's ISLAND in Ohio, not Kings Dominion.
Oh yeah, I get confused between the two. Razz

Schoeva wrote:
And nice top 10 list! I just don't understand how you rank Iron Wolf over Mantis...
Well... Here's how I see the two.

Iron wolf...
Bumpy
Everyone hates it
Kills your head

Mantis...
Tall and fast compared to iron wolf
Smoother, but still bumpy
Longer and more inversions

The reason I like Iron wolf a lot better than Mantis is because of it's layout. Where in Mantis it's just in an open area, Iron wolf goes through a bunch of trees, and has a lot of low-to-ground maneuvers, and a sweet ejector hill. There's also this one part where it's like your running on the tree's. Kind of like one of Millennium Force's overbanked turns, except not over banked, and obviously a lot shorter. It's just something you have to ride to see why It's a lot greater of a ride than it seems. There's also rarely any good videos of it on youtube because of how bumpy it is.

Schoeva wrote:
Also, Top Thrill Dragster is pretty cool, I really want to ride it, but I think I'd rather ride Kingda Ka at Six Flags Great Adventure in New Jersey. Its taller, faster, and has another hill after the big drop.

Here is a similar music video to that Top Thrill Dragster video, but of Kingda Ka... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so8WmIpzxws
OK, that seems like it makes sense, but people say that the height and speed are such a little difference that you can't even tell (from people that have been on both). So to me, there are only two debatable things about which are better... the second hill, or having to be stuck with shoulder harnesses. Top thrill dragster's lap bars are, if not smaller, the same size as an old woodie, I think that add's a ton of excitement to the ride, and in my opinion, more than the second hill in Kingda Ka, where you're stuck with those shoulder harnesses around you, which does take a lot of freedom away, especially probably when going down the vertical spiral (which is amazing, my favorite part of TTD Very Happy)

Just speakin' mah mind.
Schoeva wrote:
And here is a list of each coaster I've been on... http://www.coasterfanatics.com/sec_members/member_ridelist.asp?id=106073
Back to top Go down
Schoeva
Regular Listener
Regular Listener
Schoeva

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Coaster List   Top 10 Coaster List Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 2:33 pm

sandwich_boy wrote:

Iron wolf...
Bumpy
Everyone hates it
Kills your head

Mantis...
Tall and fast compared to iron wolf
Smoother, but still bumpy
Longer and more inversions
I guess I could understand why you prefer Iron Wolf over Mantis, I mean it is the original B&M. Very Happy

sandwich_boy wrote:

there are only two debatable things about which are better... the second hill, or having to be stuck with shoulder harnesses. Top thrill dragster's lap bars are, if not smaller, the same size as an old woodie, I think that add's a ton of excitement to the ride, and in my opinion, more than the second hill in Kingda Ka, where you're stuck with those shoulder harnesses around you, which does take a lot of freedom away, especially probably when going down the vertical spiral (which is amazing, my favorite part of TTD Very Happy)
Well I read somewhere that Intamin stopped putting lapbars on their launching coasters, Xcelerator at Knott's Berry Farm and Top Thrill Dragster and the only launching Intamins with lapbars.
And honeslty, I don't think having a lap bar or over shoulder restraint really makes a difference. I've been on Storm Runner at Hersheypark a number of times, which has an over should restriant, and honestly I didn't even realize that throughout the ride.

So Kingda Ka is just the better coaster in my opinion. I also believe it has MUCH better theming than Top Thrill Dragster... Razz
Back to top Go down
Cmkrebs
Co-Host
Co-Host
Cmkrebs

Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Coaster List   Top 10 Coaster List Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 11:14 pm

i went on farenhite this past summer it was amazing! i went on another coaster in hershey cant remember the name i think it was the bear idk i remember your feet dangel there is a super good wooden coaster in waldameer park in erie raven fly 2 i belive
Back to top Go down
sandwich_boy
Community Leader
Community Leader
sandwich_boy

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Coaster List   Top 10 Coaster List Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 1:27 am

The inverted coaster you're talking about would be Great Bear. It seems like a great coaster.
Back to top Go down
Schoeva
Regular Listener
Regular Listener
Schoeva

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Coaster List   Top 10 Coaster List Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 8:22 pm

sandwich_boy wrote:
The inverted coaster you're talking about would be Great Bear. It seems like a great coaster.
It is a great coaster.
Its even better than Alpengeist... Alpengeist is just too intense to be considered fun.
Back to top Go down
jcreads

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Coaster List   Top 10 Coaster List Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 12:02 pm

i glove vmk i need someone to rebuild it plz its magic.... my user was snowyea if anyone remembers me!!! i went on that web sence i was 2 and now im 16 i ussually went on it to support my dad who was apart of vmk staff and he passed away recently... ever sence i was still on that web if anyone remembers me then plz reply!!!!!!! i heart vmk!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
jcreads

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Coaster List   Top 10 Coaster List Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 12:21 pm

splash moutain best roller coaster in disney or thunder moutain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
sandwich_boy
Community Leader
Community Leader
sandwich_boy

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Coaster List   Top 10 Coaster List Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 7:15 pm

jcreads wrote:
i glove vmk i need someone to rebuild it plz its magic.... my user was snowyea if anyone remembers me!!! i went on that web sence i was 2 and now im 16 i ussually went on it to support my dad who was apart of vmk staff and he passed away recently... ever sence i was still on that web if anyone remembers me then plz reply!!!!!!! i heart vmk!!!!!!!!

Since you were two? Yeah.

Also, http://www.vmkunleashed.com/forums is remaking VMK. Unfortunately though, you can view their website to see what happened.

So it's pretty much impossible to re create VMK without a professional company, and a company like that would not be able to do that, because there would be severe copyright issues.
Back to top Go down
Schoeva
Regular Listener
Regular Listener
Schoeva

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Coaster List   Top 10 Coaster List Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 1:12 am

I played VMK since I was 1!!!
Back to top Go down
jedry

Registration date : 2008-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Coaster List   Top 10 Coaster List Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 7:18 am

Key:
Very Happy = Excellent Attraction.
Smile = Good Attraction.
Neutral = OK Attraction.
Sad = Bad Attraction.
No = Terrible Attraction.
Bold Blue Text = My Favourite Attraction!
Bold & Italic Violet Text = My Mom's Favourite!

My top and bottom ten:

1. Thunder Mountain at Disneyland Paris. Very Happy
2. Rock N' Rollacoaster at Disneyland Paris. Neutral
3. Haunted Mansion at Disneyland Paris. Smile
4. The Mega Blitz at Porthcawl Carnival. No
5. Hydro at Oakwood. Very Happy
6: Megaphobia at Oakwood. Very Happy
7: Star Tours at Disneyland Paris. Sad
8. Its A Small World at Disneyland Paris. Neutral
9. Tomb Laser at Chessington World of Adventures in London. Very Happy
10. Studio Tour at Disneyland Paris. Very Happy

My Mom's favourite attraction - Rock N' Rollacoaster.

Recommended Attraction:
Hydro at Oakwood!!!
Back to top Go down
sandwich_boy
Community Leader
Community Leader
sandwich_boy

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Coaster List   Top 10 Coaster List Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 3:09 pm

That's a cool list Smile
I like the smiley system thing. Very organized too.

And that's cool that you're from Europe too!
Back to top Go down
jcreads

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Coaster List   Top 10 Coaster List Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 4:38 pm

heres my top ten,
van halen myrtle beach
griffon busch gardens
splash moutain disney world orlando
i have more thrill rides but there not roller coasters
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Coaster List   Top 10 Coaster List Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 10 Coaster List
Page 1 of 1