VMK central podcast
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VMK central podcast

This is the VMK central podcast forums

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down

Go down 
+2
sandwich_boy
Schoeva
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Schoeva
Regular Listener
Regular Listener
Schoeva

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2007-07-01

Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down Empty
PostSubject: Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down   Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 6:22 pm

I dont know if anyone knows this, or if anyone has posted anything about this, but I just wanted to share with you guys that the Spaceship Earth wand is being dismantled. It will be completley gone by October, in time for Epcot's 25th.
Back to top Go down
sandwich_boy
Community Leader
Community Leader
sandwich_boy

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down   Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 6:48 pm

why? that stinks... Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.vmkmedia.co.nr/
Awsometony
Host
Host
Awsometony

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down   Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 7:01 pm

Im so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://vmkcentral.forumotion.com
Cmkrebs
Co-Host
Co-Host
Cmkrebs

Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down   Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 10:04 pm

wait are they going to put it back up afterwards?
Back to top Go down
Schoeva
Regular Listener
Regular Listener
Schoeva

PostSubject: Re: Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down   Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 1:46 pm

^I dont believe so. Im really happy they are taking it down, it looks ugly.
Back to top Go down
sandwich_boy
Community Leader
Community Leader
sandwich_boy

PostSubject: Re: Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down   Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 1:52 pm

wait i gotta look at a picture, i forgot how it looks...and will the epcot sign still be there?
Back to top Go down
Cmkrebs
Co-Host
Co-Host
Cmkrebs

PostSubject: Re: Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down   Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 2:23 pm

i miss read the topic here i thought the entire globe was coming down being rebuilt i belive the entire arm and epcot sign will be taken down i do have a picture of what it did look like before the hand went up ill post it later

EDIT: i was looking at another form that i belong to and discover these and yes the epcot part will be stay, im trying to figure out how it will look with the saying epcot
THIS PART BELOW IS FROM ANOTHER FORM
Well, there now appears to be solid evidence supporting the fact that the wand will be indeed coming down. Take a look at this:

http://officialrecords.occompt.com/w...d oc_status=S
If the URL above doesn't work try this one: officialrecords.occompt.com/wb_or1/details.asp?doc_id=29022461&file_num=20070394319&d oc_status=S

here is more from the same forms
Mickey Mouse arm, wand coming down from Epcot
Orlando, FL (Orlando Sentinel) - The 257-foot-tall Mickey Mouse arm, glove and wand logo structure at Epcot is coming down.

Epcot Vice President Jim MacPhee announced this morning that the time has come to remove the structure, which has served both as a colorful, lighted Epcot sign since 2000, and as a lightning rod for criticism from Epcot purists who contended the image was out of character for Epcot's architecture.

The structure leans on Epcot's previous and future iconic figure, the Spaceship Earth Pavilion, a180-foot geodesic sphere that can be seen for miles.

The arm and glove went up for Walt Disney World's 2000 millennium celebration.

Now, with Epcot's 25th anniversary this fall, and the temporary closing of Spaceship Earth ride, MacPhee said, "We think the timing of the removal is right."

Deconstruction of the 50-ton structure begins Monday, and will be completed shortly before the park's 25th anniversary, October 1. Also coming down are the 36-foot-high "Epcot" letters and colored stars splashing across the sphere.

Also Monday, the Spaceship Earth ride will close to complete a refurbishing sponsored by Siemans AG. The work should be done by November, MacPhee said.

At 257 feet, the arm-glove-wand addition to the Epcot dome made the structure the tallest point in all of Walt Disney World.

Once it comes down, the tallest points according to Sentinel research will be two structures both estimated at 199 feet tall -- the Tower of Terror at MGM Studios and the new Expedition Everest at Animal Kingdom.

The tallest point in the Magic Kingdom is Cinderella's Castle at 180 feet.

In terms of park centerpieces, Epcot's dome and Magic Kingdom's castle will both be the tallest, followed by Animal Kingdom's Tree of Life at 145 feet and then the sorcerer's hat at MGM standing at 100 feet tall.
Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down Epcot1
Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down Epcot2

these ones are taken from innoventions plaza
Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down Epcot3
Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down Epcot4

As you can tell by the document above, "ERMCO" is uninstalling an "Electrical Package". Well, "ERMCO" installed the wand in the first place, as you can see here:

http://www.ermcoofflorida.com/index/icon.htm

Make of it you will, but it looks like there's finally some proof..
Back to top Go down
Schoeva
Regular Listener
Regular Listener
Schoeva

PostSubject: Re: Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down   Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 12:32 pm

^ Thank you cmkrebs for sharing those pictures. It will probaly be difficult for them to take the little stars that are placed on Spaceship Earth.
Back to top Go down
Cmkrebs
Co-Host
Co-Host
Cmkrebs

PostSubject: Re: Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down   Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 12:45 pm

i was on google and i found this its pictures before the wand came up it even shows pictures of disney putting the wand up

http://www.wdwmagic.com/2000_news.htm

im on the look out for more
Back to top Go down
Awsometony
Host
Host
Awsometony

PostSubject: Re: Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down   Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 12:21 pm

YAY I cant wait!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Cmkrebs
Co-Host
Co-Host
Cmkrebs

PostSubject: Re: Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down   Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 1:21 pm

see i do my homework Smile
Back to top Go down
Schoeva
Regular Listener
Regular Listener
Schoeva

PostSubject: Re: Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down   Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 2:42 pm

I've honestly been dreaming of this happening.. it really takes away the look of Spaceship Earth.
Back to top Go down
Cmkrebs
Co-Host
Co-Host
Cmkrebs

PostSubject: Re: Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down   Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 6:20 pm

im wondering when they will take the big sorcer hat down at mgm i only liked it for the 100 years of magic and that was it.
Back to top Go down
sandwich_boy
Community Leader
Community Leader
sandwich_boy

PostSubject: Re: Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down   Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 10:56 pm

^i think its because people liked it so much they decided to keep it up from compliments. not sure though
Back to top Go down
Cmkrebs
Co-Host
Co-Host
Cmkrebs

PostSubject: Re: Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down   Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 10:58 pm

they why wouldnt of they dont the same for the wand
Back to top Go down
sandwich_boy
Community Leader
Community Leader
sandwich_boy

PostSubject: Re: Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down   Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 10:59 pm

do people like it though that much?
Back to top Go down
Awsometony
Host
Host
Awsometony

PostSubject: Re: Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down   Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 11:51 pm

no, i hate it
Back to top Go down
Cmkrebs
Co-Host
Co-Host
Cmkrebs

PostSubject: Re: Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down   Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 11:54 pm

personallly i like the wand better then the hat
Back to top Go down
Awsometony
Host
Host
Awsometony

PostSubject: Re: Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down   Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 12:14 am

i hate both of them, i wish they got rid of them
Back to top Go down
Cmkrebs
Co-Host
Co-Host
Cmkrebs

PostSubject: Re: Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down   Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 12:28 am

i want the hat gone its blocking the view of the chinese theather and i miss seeing and its hard to get a picture of the theather when you go around the theather
Back to top Go down
sandwich_boy
Community Leader
Community Leader
sandwich_boy

PostSubject: Re: Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down   Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 2:38 pm

i like the hat.
Back to top Go down
LuckyLucas
Regular Listener
Regular Listener
LuckyLucas

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2007-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down   Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 2:24 pm

Im glad I went when it was still there and got a picture but i agree that it needed to be took down along time ago!

Last edited by on Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Schoeva
Regular Listener
Regular Listener
Schoeva

PostSubject: Re: Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down   Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 7:28 pm

^ Walt didn't design it. Actually, he designed NOTHING that is at Epcot.
Back to top Go down
Cmkrebs
Co-Host
Co-Host
Cmkrebs

PostSubject: Re: Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down   Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 10:21 pm

he gave the name for epcot
Back to top Go down
Schoeva
Regular Listener
Regular Listener
Schoeva

PostSubject: Re: Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down   Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 5:00 pm

^ No, not really. He called it EPCOT Center. And yes, Epcot was in all caps back then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down   Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spaceship Earth Wand Coming Down
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next